How to prepare for that first client call.
Ever find yourself answering a call in line at the supermarket and it’s a potential new client calling you?
Perhaps you’ve found yourself scrambling from your last meeting to get on the phone with a prospective client and you feel disorganised as you fumble to take notes.
Yes, I’ve done it too.
Look, I get that with our new normal, we may be taking calls while the kids are playing in the background or outside of our preferred schedule. But being well-prepared for your initial client call can be the game-changing technique that allows you to convert more prospective clients into booking that initial consultation.
I believe doing these few things can help you feel more prepared, relaxed, and confident and convert more enquires into paying clients.
- Take 5-10 minutes to stop and refocus – familiarise yourself with the client and their situation.
- Get their address prior to the call and google it – realestate.com.au helps here – the point here is to familiarise yourself with the property.
- Move to a quiet place – with no distractions – the client is your total focus for the next 10-15 minutes. Have your New Client form printed out and ready to take notes.
- Listen more than you talk – repeat “their words” back to them – identify their pain points.
- Look at your calendar ahead of time and pin point some potential dates for the initial consultation.
- Have your Services and Pricing Guide ready to reference – you should also email this after the call to your client.
- Smile – before you dial – Smile while you talk, allow your personality to shine through and make genuine connections – this is where the magic happens
Want to know more about what I teach in the mentorship – join the waitlist here